Since the establishment of the SOPHIA Network, SOPHIA holds annual Meetings for SOPHIA Network members for:
- Professional development for SOPHIA Network members
- Meeting with other European practitioners of Philosophy with Children
- Exchanging experiences of Philosophy with Children work
- Sharing Philosophy with Children practices
- Sharing Philosophy with Children research
- Collaborating in joint Philosophy with Children projects
During the last years SOPHIA has arranged meetings in: England (Nov. 2004), Malta (Nov 2005), Scotland (June 2006) Slovenia (May 2007), Portugal (Nov. 2007), Paris (2008), Ghent (2009), Madrid (2010), Istanbul (2011), Serbia (2012), Amsterdam (2013) and this year in Zagreb, Croatia (2014).
You can find impressions of the meetings via the links.
SOPHIA Network members come from European countries including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Catalonia, Check Republic, Croatia, England, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Scotland, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Wales and Denmark.
We hope you will join SOPHIA and engage with our members to further develop philosophy with children in your country.
In 2016 our meeting will be held in Crete and 2017 in Portugal. If you would like to submit a proposal for following years please Submit a Proposal here.